PLM Families Together (PLMFT) provides housing and comprehensive services for families experiencing homelessness in Wake County. Our programs include assessment, Short-term Housing, rapid Re-Housing Support, intensive support services, permanent housing placement, and 12-month Stabilization care.
Our original goal 30+ years ago of simply sheltering those who had no shelter has expanded to address equipping families with the skills necessary for them to achieve long-term, stable housing. We also recognize that keeping families together is critical during what can be a traumatic time.
Whether a family spends 1-2 months in one of our Short-term housing apartments, or we assist with their move directly into their own home, our goal is for them to be in their own homes on the road to independence as soon as possible. A settled family is in a much better position to address its other challenges because the concern about where to sleep that night has been taken out of the equation.
At PLM Families Together, we believe that we must address homelessness as a community, so we work in collaboration with other service providers, our neighbors, the business community, our churches, and our government.
- Our purpose is to move families in Wake County, North Carolina from homelessness to stability by providing housing support services and advocacy.
- Our vision is to be a leader among service providers in the areas of advocacy, operational excellence, and after-care support for families experiencing homelessness.
- Our values are family empowerment; mutual respect; honesty; consistency; efficient and effective stewardship; innovation and recognized leadership in the field: faith-based service, without proselytizing or discrimination.
PLM Families Together was founded in 1980 as “Pan Lutheran Ministries” by five people from three Wake County Lutheran churches who saw a need in our community and did something about it. Although we have grown and changed over the years, we remain true to our mission of helping families in crisis. The dedication and compassion of our founders lives on in our work today. To read a full history of PLMFT, click HERE.
PLMFT is proud to play an important role in the work of the following partners:
- Activate Good
- Bank of America ®
- BJs Charitable Foundation ®
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation
- City of Raleigh
- Congregations for Social Justice, Affordable Housing Task Force
- John Rex Endowment Capacity Building Grant Program
- Lutheran Services in America
- NC Center for Nonprofits
- North Carolina Coalition to End Homelessness
- Raleigh/Wake Partnership to End & Prevent Homelessness
- Rex Healthcare
- The Stewards Fund
- Thrivent Financial for Lutherans ®
- United Way of the Greater Triangle
- Wake County
- Wheels 4 Hope
- Young Child Mental Health Collaborative for Homeless Children (CATCH)
- Our Donors
Board of Directors
- Joe Baden
- Kathy Blum, President
- Beth Chartrand
- John Davis, Vice President
- Dyretta Denkins
- Dr. Pamela Denning
- Helen Hauser
- Julie Helmey
- Katie Kingsbery
- Mark Mantey[/fancy_list]
- John Niffenegger
- Janet Monaghen, Treasurer
- Knowles Parker
- Vince Rozier
- MaryJane Selgrade, Secretary
- Becky Stanford
- Ann Cooper Thomas
- Machiel VanDyk
- Alicia Williams